How To Lily Collins’ Wave
“This vintage styles is all the rage,” says Jet Rhys of Jet Rhys salon, Solana Beach, CA. The pro gives us the lowdown on how to copy the look:
1. Add a quarter-sized dollop of gel through the side party, then comb hair away from the face.
2. Place a Kleenex (to prevent dents) and a long duckbill clip on the heavy side of the part to scoop the fringe away.
3. Blow-dry with a nozzle, pointing it down the hair shaft and using your fingers–this is what adds wispiness to the tips of hair.
4. Take two section of hair and place the mid section inside a wave crimper for 15 seconds, leaving the ends free. Repeat throughout the head. Try: Bed Head Wave Artist Ceramic Deep Waver (34.99, ulta.com)
5. Brush through, then apply Bumble and Bumble Semisumo wax ($29, bumbleandbumble.com) to keep waves together and add shine.